What can I sell in my shop?
Please read the Dos and Don'ts section for more information.
Can I customize my shop?
Yes. Every shopkeeper has the ability to customize his or her storefront with a banner upload. When you sign into your account go to your Dashboard > Info & Appearance..
Can I have more than one shop?
Yes, you can - but they will require a separate email account and Teachers Notebook account.
Can more than one person operate a shop?
Yes. However there can only be one name in the registration so the person who registers the Teachers Notebook account will be held responsible for all activity, content and fees associated with the account. Teachers Notebook will not mediate disputes between people using the same account.
How do I price my products in my shop?
Deciding on the right price for your products is up to you. Keep a few things in mind while deciding on pricing. If you overcharge people will not buy, but if you undercharge you will not make a profit.
I opened my shop but my product won't upload?
You are not allowed to upload products if your shop is incomplete. In order to complete your shop you must fill out both the Info & Appearnce and Payment & Policies section on the Manage Your Shop page in your Dashboard.
How do I take better photos of my products?
1. Lighting is very important in photography. Take photos outside for best lighting. If the light is mediocre expect mediocre photos. You may want to try morning and afternoon light, etc
2. Keep it simple. Try to photograph your product by itself. The more stuff in the picture the more cluttered the photograph will look. The buyer wants to see the product, not all the clutter around it.
3. Make sure your item looks good. If you are selling clothing, iron it. If you are selling food, make it fresh. If you are selling jewelry invest in a display piece so it looks professional. Look at ads in magizines for ideas. You get the point.
4. Take multiple photos from multiple angels. Some angels may provide better light or better color. Move to the right, to the left, up and down. Take overhead shots.Try all sides.
5. Edit your photos before uploading them to your shop. This is a very important step. Crop the photos to get rid of any unwanted clutter in the background.
|Personal Account||Premier Account||Business Account|
|Registration Steps||Collection of personal information||Collection of personal information||Collection of personal and business information|
|Limits on Payment Receiving||Limit varies but is typically $500 per month||No set limit||No set limit|
|Payment Types Accepted||Account balance and bank transfers||Account balance, bank transfers and credit cards||Account balance, bank transfers and credit cards|