Magic Math: Timed Tests and Activities for Math Fact Mastery (Addition & Subtraction)
Mastering basic math facts is a critical component of early elementary math skills. This packet will motivate your students into using some "math magic" and mastering those math facts!
Included in the packet are:
* 3 Magic Math Class Status recording sheets
* 11 Timed tests for Adding 0 - 10
* 1 Timed test for adding doubles
* 1 Timed test for adding doubles +1
* 11 Timed tests for Subtracting 0 - 10
* 7 timed tests of mixed addition and subtraction
* 12 Dice adding games for adding 1 - 12
* 1 Subtraction tic tac toe game board
* Adding and subtracting with dice (2 sheets)
* Adding and Subtracting with dominoes (horizontal and vertical)(4 sheets)
* Math Ring covers (12 different styles)
* Math Ring cards (adding 0-10, subtracting 0-10, number minus themselves, doubles, doubles +1, sums of 10)
* Large Wizard boy and girl and frog to use on a bulletin board (black and white)
* Magic Math Certificate (color and black and white versions)
* Magic Math Punch cards (color and black and white versions)
* Magic Math Progress Charts (6 styles, black and white)
* Bulletin Board Stars to chart progress (6 styles, black and white)
Timed tests come two to a sheet. Copy them and cut them in half. If you find the borders cut off during printing, check your print settings and try setting it to fit to size. Have all students begin on adding with 0. There are 20 problems per test. I have each student choose a crayon before starting the test. Time students for 1 minute and see if they can correctly answer all problems. When the minute is up, I make them answer any problems they had left with the crayon.
You have some options as to how you display your students’ progress. Choose which option works best for you!
Option 1 - Print one bulletin board star for each student as seen in the preview. As students pass a level, place a small sticker on the star of what level they passed.
Option 2 - Print a magic math progress chart for each student. As students pass a level, place a small sticker on the star of what level they passed.
Option 3 - Print a punch card for each student. As students pass a level, place a small sticker on the star of what level they passed.
This is a zip file containing 5 PDF files.