If you're not using The Great Poetry Race with your students or you need some help organizing it all then this is the packet for you!
This kit contains:
• The Great Poetry Race sample letter to parents
• Blank letter for you to copy with your customized letter: Simply type your customized letter, attach it to the template and copy it on a copy machine
•bGreat Poetry Race signature sheet
• Car templates for student to color in to use with a bulletin board. (Idea: create a race track out of bulletin board paper. Have students color in a car template and add their initials or class number. Move cars around the track for meeting a specific goal.)
• Winner’s Circle poster for students to sign when they are the winner for the week or for meeting a specific goal (Laminate and use Dry Erase or Vis-à-vis markers). Alternatively, move a student’s car to the Winner’s Circle for having the most signatures in the week or for meeting a specific goal (ex. Reading to 20 people). (Two versions included.)
• Great Poetry Race Tracking Sheet: Use to keep track of how many signatures student’s collect.
• Student Incentive Charts: Students can use these charts to track their participation and progress. (Two versions included.)
• Recommended Poetry Resources and Tips
Welcome! My name is Ashley Magee. I have previously taught in a 2nd and 3rd grade multiage class for one year. I ran our school computer lab and taught technology lessons to all students in K-5 for two years. Next year will be my fourth year teaching first grade in Western Kentucky.
I graduated from Murray State University in 2005 with my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (K-6). I am currently pursuing a Master's Degree with an Instructional Computer Technology endorsement.
If you're looking for something with a particular theme such as a newsletter, calendar, or other printable, feel free to contact me and request something specific!
Visit me at the following locations: