Many young students struggle with the "teen" numbers as well as using the <,> and = signs to show understanding of number comcepts.
This packet takes the concepts of working with numbers 11-20 and gives them a breath of winter. Students will work to
* practice writing numerals
* fill in missing numerals (descending, ascending & random order)
* count & create sets of object 11-20
* Use symbols to show <, >, or =
* create <, >, or = (Open-ended) number sentences
* numeral recognition relative to <,>, or = (open-ended)
* numeral recognition games with optional challenge levels included
* Game cards can be used in pocket chart to work on number order or combine with tens frame game cards for a matching game
* make book(s) to show quantities 20-11 or 11-20, or random order
* Number recognition games for pocket chart (multiple variations)
* use <,>,= posters for reference
COMMOM CORE STANDARDS include:
K.CC.3. K.CC.4, K.CC.5,K.CC.6,K.NBT.1
I am a Kindergarten teacher. I have nearly three decades of teaching experience and never tire of the fun and excitement of working with young learners.
The items in my shop have been created using a combination of my teaching (and learning), hands-on experiences in the classroom, and working with other wonderful teachers.
Please feel free to visit my classroom blog: Kindergarten Tales as well as my Teaching Blog: In The Teachers' Lounge to learn more about the fun we have in Kindergarten.