This Olympic Games thematic unit is suitable for use with Grades K-1-2.
17 Pages of Information and Worksheets.
• Design a World Symbol for the Olympic Games - Art and Writing
• Torch Bearer Nominations - Information on Torch Bearers and Writing Exercise
• Wordsearch with Answer Key
• Word Fun - Create words from an Olympic phrase
• Acrostic Poem - Write a poem
• Alphabet Challenge - Brainstorming
• The Olympic Spirit - Writing Activity
• Torchbearer Maze - Students create a maze to help the torchbearer to find the Olympic Torch
• Host Cities - Information on Olympic host cities and Writing, Continent Tally and Graph Exercises
• Then and Now - A comparison of the Ancient and Modern Olympic Games
• The Olympic Symbols - Information, Q&A Worksheet and Answer Key
Heather Collins - Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), Postgraduate Degree in Education (Learning Support), Diploma Hospital Nursing and Unit Management, Registered Nurse and Mid-Wife. 20 years experience in developing education programs and resources for Early Childhood and Primary Teachers.
Toni Cuevas – Elementary School Teacher (10 years), Master’s Degree in Reading and Writing Instruction Florida, USAIrene Reardon - Bachelor of Science (Applied Psychology), and Certificate in TESOL, Certificate in the Teaching of Children with Dyslexia and Certificate in the Teaching of Synthetic Phonics. Fifteen years experience in developing education programs and resources for Early Childhood and Primary Teacher