With two levels of play and simple directions, every kinder can play! Students use teddy bear counters (from your classroom) to fill up a number line to complete the addition equation.
The design of this game is to help students see the connection between the comparative value of each number and the quantity while applying these concepts to the skills of addition. In my classroom, my kinders were having difficulty thinking through how the order of numbers can aid them in addition, so I designed this game to incorporate a numbe-line style playing mat to teach them to use the order of numbers as a tool.
- 0-6 Game Board Mat: Number line to 6 focusing on +1 and the role of 0 in addition equations.
- Adding Within 6 Equation Cards: 18 playing cards, a few "party" cards feature missing addends to 5.
- 0-10 Game Board Mat: Number line to 10.
- Adding Within 10 Equation Cards: T18 playing cards, a few "party" cards feature missing addends to 10.
How to Play at a Glance
- Pick a card. "Invite" the teddy bears by adding them together on the number line.
- Flip over your card to check if you were right!
- Get it right - keep your card. Get it wrong, put it back in the pile.
This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You'll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD in both your order confirmation email and under your "Purchases" dashboard.
This file is NOT EDITABLE. Custom edits and the original files in .cdr format are not available at this time. Please send a personal message if you find a typo or have a suggestion for a future product update. Updates are FREE and available from your dashboard.
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll be the first to hear of NEW products so you can SAVE 25% off the first 24 hours a product becomes available. Follow Me Now!
You may also like: Frosted Place Value Game | Subtraction Memory (Within 5) | Making 5 Games
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
KindergartenWorks.com | Teacher T-Shirts | Facebook
Helps Meet Common Core Math Standards:
- K.OA.1.a Represent addition with objects, fingers, and sounds to identify the
- meaning of addition as putting together and adding to.
- K.OA.1.e. Represent addition and subtraction by acting out situations and drawings.
- K.OA.4.a State the number that makes 5 when added to any given number 1-4
- with objects.
- K.OA.4.b. State the number that makes 10 when added to any given number 1-9
- with objects.
- K.OA.5.a. Add fluently, orally or in writing, within 5.
In a nutshell - It's yours to store privately and use personally.
- One license purchase allows you access to the file for use in your own personal classroom.
- You can download and store the purchased digital file (and revisions downloaded from your dashboard) onto a computer(s), device (s) or cloud-based account(s) to which only you can access the product (Private).
- Copyrighted material (purchased file and all revisions) may not be uploaded to a blog, website, forum or cloud-based account where others can access it (Shared/Public Settings).