Help the teddy bears get to the party! Send out invitations using simple teddy bear counters (not included) and these printable game mats and cards. Perfect for small groups (2 or 3 students) to play and practice their addition skills.
With these simple directions... Every kinder can play!
- Pick a card. Invite the teddy bears by adding them together on the number line.
- Flip over your card to check if you were right!
- Get it right - keep your card. Get it wrong, put it back in the pile.
The design of this game is to help students see the connection between the comparative value of each number and the quantity while applying these concepts to the skills of addition. My kinders were having difficulty thinking through how the order of numbers can aid them in addition, so I designed this game to incorporate a numbe-line style playing mat to teach them to use the order of numbers as a tool.
To differentiate the game, there are two levels of play.
- The first set practices addition to 6 focusing on +1 and the role of 0. Select party cards feature missing addends to 5. (1 mat, 18 playing cards)
- The second set practices addition to 10. Select party cards feature missing addends to 10. (1 mat, 18 playing cards)
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll get updates of products and sales and be the first to see what is new. Click "Follow Me" above.
You may also like: Sorting Puzzles and Bingo | Subtraction Memory (Within 5) | Making 5 Games
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
Helps Meet Common Core Math Standards:
- K.OA.1.a Represent addition with objects, fingers, and sounds to identify the
- meaning of addition as putting together and adding to.
- K.OA.1.e. Represent addition and subtraction by acting out situations and drawings.
- K.OA.4.a State the number that makes 5 when added to any given number 1-4
- with objects.
- K.OA.4.b. State the number that makes 10 when added to any given number 1-9
- with objects.
- K.OA.5.a. Add fluently, orally or in writing, within 5.