This packet includes 8 fun math games that correspond to "chapter 1: addition concepts" of the Go Math! series. All games have common core standards listed and will work with any math series.
The games were all designed to be easy for the teacher to make and easy for the children to play individually or groups of two/three. They have been used successfully in my first grade classroom and altered as needed to be more user-friendly for my students. Most games have an image that visually demonstrates how to the play the game as well as simple written directions.
8 math games included:
1. Adding in any order matching game (learn that 4+6 is the same as 6+4) (1.OA.3)
2. Addition in any order dominos (1.OA.3)
3. Ways to make a number (learn that many problems equal the same number, discover the pattern that as one addend goes up, the other goes down) (1.OA.1.)
4. Representing an addition problem in words and pictures to show the relationship between the two. (1.OA.1)
5. Part-Part-Whole puzzles (Kids practice using a mat to solve simple word problems.)
6. Match addition sentences that have the same sum. (1.OA.2)
7. Same sum sort (sort addition problems to make true statements using an equal sign(1.OA.1)
8. Sort addition problems to make true statements using an equal sign. (1.OA.7)
Thanks for stopping by!! If you enjoy this product, please feel free to visit my Liv to Teach Blog for more fun ideas, Favorite my store for future updates and freebies, or earn reward points for items you download by leaving feedback!
I hope your class loves these hands-on games and activities as much as I love creating them!