This is a primary writing activity with the following features:
Page 1 - cover page
Page 2 - Striped tie
Page 3 - Tie with "You are the best Dad for three reasons." written in handwriting font for students to trace
Page 4 - Tie with the transition "First," for students to trace and blank handwriting lines for them to fill in with a reason why Dad is the best
Page 5 - Tie with the transition "Next," for students to trace and blank handwriting lines for them to fill in with a reason why Dad is the best
Page 6 - Tie with the transition "Last," for students to trace and blank handwriting lines for them to fill in with a reason why Dad is the best
Page 7 - Tie with "Happy Father's Day!" for students to trace
Page 8 - Blank tie w/o stripes
Page 9 and 10 - Student Sample
Page 11 - Credit page
Ideas for usage:
1. Select which pages you'd like students to use and make copies.
2. Have students color/decorate the striped tie as a cover/outside view - what Dad will see first :)
3. Have students color/decorate the blank tie
4. After modeling how to write an essay with any given expository prompt (see other examples on my shop page), students will know the structure of an essay. Have them write the 5 sentence essay.
5. Students (or parents) cut out all 7 ties
6. Glue the blank (w/o stripes) tie onto a piece of construction paper
7. Cut around the tie, giving it a colored border
8. Glue JUST THE KNOT of the tie of page 7 on top of the blank tie
9. Glue JUST THE KNOT of the tie of page 6 on top of page 7
10. Continue working backwards until the cover/outside is on top
11. Give to Dad :)
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact me. Also, if you have other ideas to share with teachers, please share by commenting on my blog. TY!!