This unit is jam packed with beginning sounds fun! There are 8 full color work stations that can be used in centers or in small groups. The centers focus on using pictures to match the beginning sounds.
The work stations include:
1. Find the Sounds - Identify the sound of the picture at the top of the mat and find all the pictures that begin with the same sound.
2. Roll & Find - roll the die (included) and find the matching beginning sound on the game mat.
3. Match It Up - Identify the beginning sound of the picture and place a clothspin on the picture with the same beginning sound.
4. Beginning Sounds Blast Off! - Identify the beginning sound on each rocket and find a picture with the same matching sound.
5. Puzzle Fun! - Put the puzzles together by finding the matching beginning sounds.
6. Kitty's Sound Match - Identify the beginning sound that kitty is holding and find 3 pictures with the same beginning sound.
7. Sort It Out - This is a fun game to play in a small group!. Identify the beginning sound on the work mat and take turns finding three pictures that begin with the same sound.
8. Bunny's Beginning Sound Bingo - find the beginning sounds and you win! (This is also available as a single download in my store.)
*I have included long and short vowels sounds individually on each game. I have also included the hard and soft C & G on individual pages. For example, the children will sort short a on one page and long a on another page etc. X is included in most of the games.
Each work station includes printable title pages to glue onto a yellow envelope or folder for storage. Directions and labels are also included with each game.
I am a currently a Pre-K teacher. I also spent ten years teaching Kindergarten. I love to create printable work stations for my class and I also enjoy sharing them with other teachers!