Summer is a time of relaxing for your students(and your of course!. But you don't have to let all your hard teaching work go to waste. Keep your students minds actively engaged over the summer with these fun activities! In this packet you will find the following skills covered to keep your student's minds sharp:
* A Parent letter
* Map skills - A blank United States map where students color in the states they traveled to or through throughout the summer
* Writing - "Spin a Story" picture prompts with 3 different cute writing paper templates for them to write their stories on
* Library skills - a scavenger hunt where students go to the library in search of answers to questions that will have them all of the library!
* Reading - A sheet where students draw the covers of some of the books they are reading - also includes a cute summer bookmark from them to color and cut out to use all summer long
* Science - Students color in a thermometer once a week of the temperature of that day and then at the end of the summer create a bar graph to show which day was the hottest and coldest.
* 16 Activity cards where students complete a simple skill on a day of their choosing throughout the summer and have their parents sign off for that activity. Activities include reciting multiplication facts, writing a letter to next year's teacher, borrowing a book from the library and more!
NEWLY REVISED! I just added 7 pages for a summer journal. On the top of each journal page is a fun summer quote. Each page is divided into two days for journals. In all students can journal 14 times of the summer (or more if you copy more of the journal pages to include in the packet.)
In all there 7 activities that students can spread out throughout the summer and come back ready to jump in when they return in the fall! This packet will work great for teachers that are looping with their students!
Thanks for stopping by my store!