Here are 28 mix-and-match pages that you can use bind into books that students can use to respond to any picture book, easy reader or beginning chapter book. This resource would be great forat for independent reading, groups or with the whole class.
Some of the pages require text, some are pictures only, while others are a combination of the two. Mix and match the pages that are appropriate for your students. You may find you are using more picture-based pages at the start of the year and more text-based ones toward the end. The pages feature a simple font and minimal embellishments so that the focus of the finished product will be on the student's work.
Children will enjoy the inviting half-page format. Extra room has been left to the left of each page staples or other bindings. Each sheet contains two copies of the same page so that you print only the pages you want. Simply print the pages you want, cut in half, and bind. Better yet, get a parent volunteer to do the prep work!
One suggestion is to tell your students that the little bookworm on each page (I call him Bookworm Bob) is there to remind them to do their best work. Extend the activity by having students read their books to each other and to family members at home.
The following pages are included:
· Cover (could print on construction paper)
· Title and Author Page
· Main Character - picture and describing words
· Main Character: wants, does not want - text and pictures
· A Day with the Main Character - picture only
· A Day with the Main Character - text and picture
· The Main Character is.... - text and picture
· Other Characters - text and pictures
· Setting - picture and describing words
· Setting - picture only
· Beginning - text and picture
· Middle - text and picture
· End - text and picture
· Beginning - picture only
· Middle - picture only
· End - picture only
· First, Then, Finally - text only
· First, Then, Finally - pictures only
· Most Exciting Part - text and Picture
· Most exciting Part - picture only
· Favorite Part - text only
· Favorite Part - picture only
· Favorite Part - text and pictures.
· Favorite Illustration - text only
· Something I learned - text and picture
· This Book Reminds Me of... - text only
· Book Recommendation - text only
· Blank Picture Page (could use after a text only page)