A HUGE literature unit for the book, "Woods Runner", by Gary Paulsen. The story is about a boy during the Revolutionary War who must rescue his kidnapped parents. The book was offered in the Scholastic Arrow book order in February for only $1! The unit contains:
- Short answer comprehension questions
- Short answer TEST
- Cover Analysis
- Bookmarks for Story Elements
- Project Challenges for each set of chapters
- Native American Tribe Report
- Germ/Mircrobe Report and activities
- What is Imagery?
- What is an Adjective?
- Primary Source Evaluations on Secret Messages
- Compare Continentals and Tories Chart
- Create a Timeline of the Revolution
- Chapter Title Chart
- Character Chart
- Vocabulary Words Sheets
- Forms of Travel Chart
- Strange Medical Practices Sheet
- Wanted Poster Layout
- Possibles Bag Sheet
- Biography Board Layout
- Facebook Page Activity
- Pigeon Info and Questions
- King George Acrostic Poem
This is a great book to read during a unit on the Revolutionary War or during an author study of Gary Paulsen!
I strive to provie engaging resources for the intermediate classroom in all subject areas! I develop literature units, math mats, science labs, and other resources that allow kids to be creative and to have fun while they are learning!