The Teacher Toolkit for literacy has been revised to include checklists that are aligned to the Common Core Standards for specific grade level content!
This toolkit is packed full of tools to keep you and your lessons organized. This pack is intended to be used as a plan book and kept in a 3 ring binder. With a quick and easy check off format, you can keep track of the skills and concepts you're teaching according to the Common Core Standards. You can plan ahead for which skills you'll be teaching each day, and have documentation of what you have taught.
Included in this pack:
-Class Schedule Overview for your daily schedule and a place to fill in special events for each month (11 class schedule pages included)
- Morning Message lesson plan page to help you keep track of the skills you'll be focusing on for the week and a page for anecdotal notes
- 2 Reader's workshop pages -- one lesson plan page for mini-lessons, Independent Literacy Activities (ILAs) or centers, and closure and a page for anecdotal notes; one lesson plan page designed for a quick overview of the guided reading groups you'll be working with, the book they are reading, and the focus for that group
-Running Record Schedule to help you keep track of how often you should be giving a running record to individual students to track progress and as documentation for a body of evidence, as well as a page to sort students for the running record schedule
- A Running Record Form for easy use in the classroom. It is designed to track 100 words so you can easily count the number of words, and find the accuracy percentage. A fluency rate rubric and comprehension rubric are included
- 2 Guided Reading Lesson Plan forms are included for beginning readers (GRLs A - F) and intermediate readers (GRLs J-K and up) with a place for anecdotal notes
-A cover for your Guided Reading Lesson Plans notebook or binder
- An Independent Reading Rubric for students so they can self reflect on how well they are using their Independent Reading time
-New! Writer’s Workshop checklist with read aloud and mini-lesson focus
- Definitions of all important terms referenced in these pages and the documented research behind it
Check out the Teacher Stuff blog for a detailed overview of how to use the Teacher Toolkit for Literacy pack by clicking on the picture below: