Do your students need practice with capital letters/capitalization? We all know that capitalization rules, but sometimes our kids always seem to forget where and when to use a capital letter.
This packet will help your students to learn and remember all of the times that they should use a capital letter in their writing. Best of all, there is no prep for you - just print, copy, and go!
The capitalization rules are printed at the top of each page to help your students recall.
Capital Letters Rules Covered:
1. First word in a sentence
2. The pronoun I
3. People's names or titles
4. Geographic names/locations
5. Cardinal directions (North, South, East, West)
6. Names of businesses, firms, and organizations
7. Government groups
8. Special events, holidays, days of the week, months of the year
11. Brand names of products
13. Family relationships when used as a name
Aligned to 4th Grade Common Core Standard L.4.2 Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
Appropriate for 4th - 6th grade.