8 literacy center posters that use classroom materials and hands-on items that you probably already have! Common Core standards addressed at each center are posted along with kinder-friendly icons.
Created due to reader demand! Many of the literacy centers that I offer work with what you already have in your classroom! Teachers want the literacy center posters that go along with each center and feature the Common Core Standards listed in plain view.
This product includes:
- Illustrator Center Poster, Workboard Icon and Labels
- Retell Center Poster (click here to read more) and Workboard Icon
- Big Book Center Poster, Workboard Icon, Labels and framing cards
- Author Writing Center Poster, Workboard Icon and Labels
- Listening Center Poster, Workboard Icon and Labels
- Library Center Poster and Workboard Icon
- Puppet Center Poster, Workboard Icon and Labels
- Puzzle Center Poster and Workboard Icon
*Tip: Save time when preparing for a sub by printing a copy for them!
This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You'll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD in both your order confirmation email and under your "Purchases" dashboard.
This file is NOT EDITABLE. Custom edits and the original files in .cdr format are not available at this time. Please send a personal message if you find a typo or have a suggestion for a future product update. Updates are FREE and available from your dashboard.
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll be the first to hear of NEW products so you can SAVE 25% off the first 24 hours a product becomes available. Follow Me Now!
You may also like: Smart Literacy Centers | Playdough Word Work Center | Detective Read and Write the Room
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
KindergartenWorks.com | Teacher T-Shirts | Facebook
Helps Meet Common Core English/Language Arts Standards:
(See posters to see which standards and sub-standards apply)
- K.W.1 - Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader the topic or the name of the book they are writing about and state an opinion or preference about the topic or book
- K.W.2 - Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
- K.W.3 - Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to narrate a single event or several loosely linked events, tell about the events in the order in which they occurred, and provide a reaction to what happened.
- K.W.6 - With guidance and support from adults, explore a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
- K.SL.1 - Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups
- K.SL.4 - Describe familiar people, places, things, and events and, with prompting and support, provide additional detail.
- K.SL.5 - Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions as desired to provide additional detail.
- K.SL.6 - Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
- K.RL.1 - With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- K.RL.2 - With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- K.RL.5 - Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).
- K.RL.9 - With prompting and support, compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in familiar stories.
- K.RL.10 - Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
- K.RF.1 - Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
- K.RF.2 - Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
- K.RF.3 - Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- K.RF.4 - Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
- K.RI.5 - Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
- K.RI.7 - With prompting and support, describe the relationship between illustrations and the text in which they appear.
- K.RI.10 - Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
- K.L.1 - Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- K.L.2 - Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
In a nutshell - It's yours to store privately and use personally.
- One license purchase allows you access to the file for use in your own personal classroom.
- You can download and store the purchased digital file (and revisions downloaded from your dashboard) onto a computer(s), device (s) or cloud-based account(s) to which only you can access the product (Private).
- Copyrighted material (purchased file and all revisions) may not be uploaded to a blog, website, forum or cloud-based account where others can access it (Shared/Public Settings).