BUZZ OFF! Read the Room is a fun, engaging way for students to practice reading double consonant words AND sort words by syllables. Your students will love searching the room for colorful bugs containing double consonant words, and you will love this easy way to individually assess your students! 20 double consonant words are included in this activity.
Directions for use and Common Core Standards are included.
Directions for use:
1) Teachers print, laminate, and cut out the word cards.
2) Teachers print the recording sheets and place the word cards throughout the room for students to find.
3) Students search the room for colorful insect cards.
4) Once students locate the word cards, they read the words, count the syllables, and record the words on the recording sheet according to the number of syllables in each word.
5) Students then read their words to the teacher.
Alternate Options for Daily Five or centers.
*Simply use the syllable sort in a language center instead of as a Read the Room.
**Have students sort the words as nouns or verbs.
Common Core State Standards
1.RFS.3. Know & apply grade-level phonics & word analysis skills in decoding words
2.RFS.3 Know & apply grade-level phonics & word analysis skills in decoding words
This activity fits perfectly with BUZZ OFF Double Consonant Word Game!
About my Shop:
Welcome to my Teachers' Notebook Shop! I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find what you are looking for!
Teaching is my passion! I have been teaching for 21 years and truly love what I do! I've spent the majority of my career in 1st and 2nd grade but also spent 3 years in my district's Curriculum Department.
I hope to provide you with quality materials you and your students can enjoy for years to come! Please feel free to send me suggestions you have or ideas you may like me to work on!
Have fun shopping!!
All items are delievered as electronic downloads. Once your purchase goes through, you may download right away! Because of the digital format, refunds are not allowed.