I love Chris Van Allsburg and I use his books ALL the time to teach all KINDS of ELA concepts!
I love using Two Bad Ants to teach Perspective/Point of View. This book works WONDERFULLY!
I have created a mini unit to go along with this book. It would take 2-3 days, depending on how much time you are allotted and the ability of your students.
These activities not ONLY focus on perspective/point of view, but making inferences and comparing and contrasting.
This mini unit contains:
- Two Bad Ants vocabulary chart using dictionary skills (Common Core based)
- "Well, the way I see it is..." Point of View worksheet - students read short passages and write short answers
- "Two Bad Ants - Point of View" chart to compare/contrast the ants' point of views from the story and our literal point of view
- "What is point of view?" - factors that contribute to an individual's PoV activity w/s (could be used on Smart Board)
- "Personal Perspectives" activity w/s - comparing and contrasting students's PoV, teacher's PoV, and a peer's PoV on specific topics given (I think this will be the MOST fun to do!)
-"...and what if YOU were an ant?" - 3 mini constructed responses making text-to-world and text-to-self connections.
This unit is based on Common Core Reading Standard RL.3.6.
I hope you enjoy this unit!! :)
Thanks for stopping by my shop!! You will find a wide range of items that will be useful to your ELA curriculum. I have taught for 5 years, and for those 5 years, my focus in the classroom has been on teaching Reading, Writing, and Grammar to 3rd, 4th, & 5th grade students in Kentucky and Louisiana.
Each time you purchase an item from my shop, you help donate money to mine and my husband's adoption fund! We are currently in the process of adopting a baby from Ethiopia! Check out my adoption blog at http://journeyoffaithadoption.blogspot.com
Thank you for taking the time to view my items, and check out my FREEBIES!! **Please don't forget to take the time to rate my product! Thank you!**
Thank you so much! :)