Just Add Border!!! This packet has everything you need to create a "What Do Good Readers and Writers Do?" bulletin board in your kindergarten classroom.
There are 3 different "title" cards: one for readers, one for writers, and one for both. This will allow you to make one combined board for reading and writing or choose to make two separate boards. If you choose to make one combined board, there are two heading cards at the end of this packet to divide the bulletin board into a reading area and a writing area. There are 12 signs for good readers and 18 signs for good writers. These signs can be used in the classroom as a particular skill is an area of focus for instruction.
For "What Do Good Readers Do?", the following signs are included:
1. Start at the top and read from left to right.
2. Use your pointer finger to track the words.
3. Look at the pictures for clues.
4. Look at the first letter.
5. Get your mouth ready for the first sound.
6. Sound it out one letter at a time.
7. Think about the story. "What makes sense?"
8. Read sight words quickly.
9. Look for chunks in words.
10. Flip the vowel sound.
11. Skip it and go on.
12. Go back and read it again.
For "What Do Good Writers Do?", the following signs are included:
1. Think about your topic.
2. Draw a picture that tells a story.
3. Use colors in your picture.
4. Label your picture.
5. Add details to your words and pictures.
6. Write your name on your paper.
7. Start at the top and write from left to right.
8. Use finger spaces between words.
9. Say words slowly and listen for words.
10. Use the letter chart to figure out sounds.
11. Write letters for every sound.
12. Use the word wall to write words.
13. Listen to for chunks in words.
14. Write letters neatly and correctly.
15. Use a capital letter to begin a sentence.
16. Use a period to end a sentence.
17. Use question marks or exclamation marks to end sentences.
18. Tell a story with a beginning, middle, and end.
I have also posted writing paper that would accompany this bulletin board set perfectly.
I hope you find this bulletin board set useful for your classroom.
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!
Clip Art from Scrappin Doodles and Fonts from Kevin and Amanda