What better way to incorporate the study of constellations with creative writing, expository writing, and grammar and mechanics than with this Constellation Discovery Writing activity.
This download includes a cover page for an illustration of a "newly discovered" constellation, the name of the constellation, and the name of the astronomer who is credited with discovering it (the student's name.)
The second page provides room for an illustration and lines for a brief science bulletin.
Facts that could be included in the science bulletin are:
- the name of the newly discovered constellation
- the name of the astronomer who discovered it
- the date the constellation was discovered
- the season when the constellation can best be seen in the night sky
- the number of stars that comprise the constellation
- a legend explaining how the constellation came to be
Great activity to accompany Reading Street's Grade 3 Unit 3 Week 2's story Pushing Up the Sky.