The Ugly Pumpkin is a touching rhyming story based on the same idea of The Ugly Duckling. This story teaches a wonderful lesson about acceptance. It transitions from an end to Halloween and a new beginning into Thanksgiving.
This unit includes
1. Ugly Pumpkin/Beautiful Squash Art Activity
Includes Materials List and Directions.
2. Text to Self Connection Writing
3. Text to Text Connection Writing
The Ugly Pumpkin and The Ugly Duckling
4. Venn Diagram
5. ABC Order Magnets to be used on a cookie
6. Recording Sheet and Cutouts for the ABC
7. Thanksgiving Word Search
8. Bubble Map
9. Doubles Math Game. Match the pumpkin
numbers and squash dots.
10. Scarecrow Recording Sheet for Doubles Math
Game and Answer Key
11. Bulletin Board Title Idea.
12. List of Questions to Ask During Reading.
I am a first grade teacher in sunny Florida. This is my 18th year of teaching and my little ones continue to inspire me everyday I hope you enjoy the activities.