These three activities support second grade 2011 Treasures, Unit 5 Week 5 for Look Out for Dolphins. There is an activity for true and false, ABC order, and vocabulary memory match. All statements can be proved true or false using the Approaching level orange book, allowing all students reading this book in the other levels to have access to the answers.
This set includes:
• 30 true or false cards with optional backing
• true or false file folder tab and label
• true or false directions and answer key
• four playing pieces
• a file folder game board that is used with the true and false game
• 30 ABC order cards with optional backing
• ABC order file folder tab and label
• ABC order directions and answer key
• ABC order sorting mats with and without alphabets
• 20 memory match cards with optional backing
• memory match file folder tab and label and plastic bag label
I have a very similar game set for Unit 6, Week 1 of 2011 Treasures while reading Sonoran Desert Animals. It practices compare and contrast, fact and opinion, the content vocabulary words, and the weekly vocabulary words.
During the summer of 2011, I found all sorts of wonderful digital teacher-made items to use in my classroom. I decided I could make educational materials to help my students enjoy learning and share them with others as well. I hope your students have a blast!