This packet was created to use with the book A Pocket Full of Kisses by Audrey Penn
Each skill or strategy has multiple pages that are differentiated to fit the different needs of your students - you can have all your students working on the same skill but with a page that best fits their needs.
This packet is tailored to this book with specific questions of varying degrees of difficulty. Students will respond by drawing, circling answers, writing sentences and finding text evidence to support their thinking.
Included in the packet:
Directions and Common Core Standards for each skill and strategy. Plus ideas for extending some of the activities.
* Asking Questions - 2 pages
* Author's Point of View - 1 page
* Author's Purpose - 2 pages
* Beginning, Middle, End - 4 pages
* Cause and Effect - 8 pages and 1 key
* Character Analysis - 3 pages
* Compare and Contrast - 3 pages
* Text-to-Text Connections - 2 pages
* Drawing Conclusions/Inferencing - 2 pages
* Fact and Opinion - 3 pages
* Main Idea and Details - 5 pages
* Plot - 3 pages
* Predict - 2 pages
* Sequencing - 5 pages plus 1 key
* Story Map - 3 pages
* Strong Thought - 3 pages
* Summarize - 1 page
* Visualize - 1 page
* Writing paper - 2 pages
* Favorite Part - 2 writing pages
* Something Special Writing - writing page plus cover page
Common Core Standards
K.RL.1, K.RL.2, K.RL.3, K.RL.6, K.RL.7, K.RL.9, K.RIT.8, K.W.1, K.SL.5, 1.RL.1, 1.RL.2, 1.RL.3, 1.RL.5, 11.RL.6, .RL.7, 11.RL.9 1.w.1 1.SL.4, 1.SL.5, 2.RL.1, 2.RL.2, 2.RL.3, 2.RL.7, 2.RL.9, 2.W.1, 2.SL.5, 3.RL.1, 3.RL.2
If you would like more information about this book and many others, visit my blog The Picture Book Teacher's Edition.
The PBT’s Edition Facebook page
The PBT's Edition Pinterest Boards